Feng Shui is an old method of constructing and optimizing residences to bring out about felicity, abundance and harmony. Feng Shui includes architecture, urban planning, interior design, garden design, and placement of objects in our environment. It has originated from China about 6, 000 years ago.
In this article, we will discuss how Feng Shui can be a great guide when performing renovation for your house especially when planning to sell it.
1. When setting your bed always angle it such that your feet are not pointing into the door. This said to be a “death position” that is why according to Chinese belief, you need to avoid it. It is also best if the bed is symmetrical with nightstands and lamps.
2. Make sure that your bed has a headboard. A headboard plays as a support for one’s life.
3. If you have your own bath room, make sure that you cannot see it from the bed. You can use decorative screen to cover it if it is impossible to position your bed without seeing it.
4. Come up with a huge house. Remove any unnecessary things that are presently sitting in your home. Always focus on space.
5. Let the sun light in. Light is an essential factor in pumping energy into your house. Let natural light come through your windows. Avoid using heavy and dark shade curtains.
Another means to increase the lighting inside your house is to add mirrors. Mirrors make your house appears spacious.
6. Make the first impression to your house fantastic, paint your door red! Red is a powerful color for Chinese. It represents fame, reputation, and wealth. Red is also a very welcoming color that is why it is a perfect color for doors.
7. Refrain from placing heavy beams or heavy light fixtures over the bed.
8. Porch and outside lights must always be on during the night. Ensure that the house numbers are large.
9. Add a round dining table. This is believed to make a good flow of things inside the house.
10. Make seating arrangements such that no one has their back on the door.
Learn more about Home Renovation Tips and the best Renovation Singapore Contractors from our list of most recommended renovation and interior designing companies.
Incoming search terms:
- good day for renovation