Home > Real Estate Articles > Six Ways You Can Protect Yourself In Seller Financing Your Home For Sale

Six Ways You Can Protect Yourself In Seller Financing Your Home For Sale

Todays Date: December 13, 2018

Are you considering selling your home with owner financing? Generally when you are offering owner financing as a means of purchase for your home, you can commend top dollar and a great interest rate. Here are six techniques you can use to lower your risk.

1. Collect a 10% cash down payment as part of the owner financing agreement.

2. Ask for other security. If you are comfortable with the buyer, but the buyer does not have the down payment requirement, ask for additional security like a car title that can be used for additional collateral.

3. Check the buyers credit. Don’t take the buyers word for it; get a copy of their credit report. Get the buyer to provide you with a copy of their credit report. They can get one on the internet from Equifax or one of the other major national providers.

4. Trust your instincts. It has been proven time and time again that your first impression is usually the correct one. If you have a funny feeling about the situation, it may be best to walk away and find another buyer.

5. Analyze the situation. Let’s say the buyer presents you with an offer. The bank has agreed to loan him 90% of the homes appraised value. The catch is the buyer only has 5% in cash. Are you going to let 95% of the homes value just walk away? Why not take a second mortgage back for the remaining 5% down to be paid over 5 years. Worst case scenario, you end up foreclosing on a home house that the buyer paid you 95% of the value for.

6. Talk to an attorney. Determine what the foreclosure period is in your state. Each state sets different periods for foreclosure through the courts. Knowing these things can help you sell in the safest way.

Providing seller financing allows you to get the most money possible for your home. Be smart about it and this can be a winning transaction for you and the buyer.

Waterfront Houses USA is a real estate listing service that provides Waterfront Homes and Waterfront Homes For Sale in the US and Canada.

http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/digg_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/reddit_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/dzone_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/stumbleupon_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/delicious_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/technorati_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/google_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/yahoobuzz_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/mixx_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/twitter_32.png http://financearticledirectory.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/jamespot_32.png
Comments are closed.